Wednesday, October 14, 2009

To my precious Godson on his 1st birthday...


Tomorrow is my nephew and Godson's first birthday and it saddens me that I am not there to share it with him and my family. I love this picture of us because it was taken on the very first day that I met him and held him in my arms. I remember leaving and telling my mom that if I already loved Cole so much, I cannot even imagine how much love I would have for my own children. I feel so blessed and honored to be his Godmother and thank my sister and brother in law everyday for giving me this opportunity to play this part in his life. It was difficult enough for me to live three hours from him when I was in Boston and now I am finding it even more challenging to live over 1800 miles away. But I am fortunate enough to have such a wonderful family that sends me daily updates and pictures of him so I can experience each moment by just looking at his expressions in all the photos.
Just thinking about him makes me smile. He already carries such a vibrant, outgoing, creative, and loving way about himself, that I am excited to see what type of personality he will take on as he continues to grow and mature. He is the love of my life and brings so much joy into our family. So, Cole Michael, may you have the most beautiful and exciting first birthday! Eat lots of cake, because you know that your Auntie would be proud!
A Godson's Love
Samantha Ritcher
Tiny hands, tiny feet
i've waited so long for us to meet.
Who could've known a love so true
i'd given up hope, then along came you.
Innocent and perfect, you're safe within my arms
i'll watch over you and protect you,
i'll keep you safe from harm.
With mischief in your smile
and wonder in your eyes
watching you as you sleep,
feeling every sigh
i could look at you for hours
and always be content.
You became my living angel
when you were heaven sent.
Just the thought of you,
makes my world seem full...
you are my life,
my love, my Godson
my precious Cole Michael.
I love you baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how true about Cole...I loved the poem...he is an angel sent to us, and a mischief one at that! His birthday was so fun just to watch him, excited about his frosting, sorry cake doesn't do it for him...will send you more photo's soon! He wore your bib! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Auntie! Love you and miss you lots! I wore your bib and I tried the cake but I liked the frosting better! I did get made when Mommy took the cake away...I wanted the whole thing not the little piece she tried to give me! Loved your presents! And don't feel bad about not being here....my Godfather didn't show up and he lives just 10 minutes away! :)

    ReplyDelete