Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A little trip West...











I apologize yet again for not "blogging" more frequently, but the last few weeks, let alone weekends have been crammed with activities. Not that I'm complaining by no means, but I am sure all of you are getting bored with looking at the same post week after week. So cheers to a new one right now!


I recently flew to Sedona, AZ this past weekend to spend time with a very dear friend of mine from college. I have not seen him in over a year and even during that time, we barely had the time to catch up and really spend quality time together. Before that year, it had been nearly 2 years since I had seen him. So, I'm thankful we had a good, solid, 4 days together to really get to know each other all over again. He has been traveling all over the world within the past 3 years as an engineer and am quite envious that he has been to nearly 40 countries. So, needless to say, our conversations were full of exciting stories. He is so talented, carefree, intelligent, caring, and fun that I left the trip being soooo thankful for the fact that him and I have managed to keep in touch.


Anyway, I flew into Phoenix on Thursday night and we spent the night there and then woke up early Friday to head to Sedona. We were supposed to head to the Grand Canyon Saturday night but I loved Sedona so much that we ended up staying Saturday night too! We did everything from bar hopping to listen to live, local music, art gallery viewing, hiking, mountain biking, wine tasting, fire pit sitting to roast s'mores and play the guitar, and EAT! I experienced the best bruschetta I have ever had (I have been eating bruschetta, and a lot of it since I could chew!), most amazing Greek food, fantastic lunches, and delicious Arizona wine! So, yes, I flew back on Sunday tired, yet refreshed and content! I strongly advise that EVERYONE visit Sedona at least once in their lifetime! The best times to visit are during the late fall, March, and May, because the tourists visit the most during the late spring/summer months. We stayed at the Red Agave Adventure Resort http://www.redagaveresort.com/ , which is situated in the base of Sedona's red rocks. They offer mountain biking for free and I won't forget to mention that they have 2 spas, swimming pool, and an amazing fire pit that is lit nightly! One activity that you MUST participate in is the Pink Jeep Tours! I have included a picture above!


Anyway...Sedona is amazing and I hope that you all get a chance to make it out there because the opportunities are endless and the scenary is breathtaking!


I see a future travel OT assignment in the near future...maybe...perhaps?

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing Kristi....you wont be able to travel so much forever so it is so great you are taking every opportunity you have to see such amazing things now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our traveling OT is having a great time! As everyone says, now is the time to enjoy it all...
    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute with your ponytail in the first photo. Is this Chris, you were with? i assume this is as Shar and I saw one picture of the two of you and you both looked so happy and lovely! I cant wait to go to sedona now~ I am so happy you re-connected with him! pls give him our love and keep posting photos of the world as you wander through it! love you kristi!

    ReplyDelete