Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Texas Bucket List

Here I am with less than 12 hours away from driving to TX and it still feels so surreal. I remember the day I put my notice into MGH, back in June and thinking it was still so far away. I was blessed that my boss from MGH allowed me to "burn my ET" out, which means that I was able to basically use all my earned time and treat it as a vacation. So yes, I must brag a bit, but I had the best time for the past month. When speaking with my good friend, Anna and reflecting back to what I did this past month...I am so lucky that I took the time when I did. From sunbathing to BBQ's, to tubing, to dinner, to pit fires, to coffee and dinner dates, reggae cruises, brunch gatherings, movie nights, swimming, late night stargazing, and bar nights...I had the time of my life. Most importantly though, I was able to spend so much with time with my family. I have not been able to spend more than a weekend with my godson and nephew since the day he was born, so I feel fortunate that I was able to watch him grow and learn for an entire month. It's amazing the how much he did grow within this past month too...I learnt something new about him everyday. Like the fact that he loves to kiss, clap his hands, dance, laugh, EAT, look at nature, and play with our yellow lab, Buster. Within the past few days, he started taking 1, 2, or even 4 steps, which was exciting to see! My dear sister has even taught him sign language so he communicates "more" and "all done" when eating, which is so adorable! It was difficult saying good-bye to him as he does not understand yet that "auntie" is going away for a few months...so as he laughed and waved his usual good-bye, which consists of flopping his entire arm up and down, tears formed in my eyes. He is just so beautiful and precious. I'm am so grateful that I was asked to be his godmother and cannot wait for the times we have ahead of us.

So to end this post, I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to make a "bucket list" persay of things I want to do in each state that I live in. I also want your comments and feedback as several of you that follow my blog have been to more states than I, so any insight that you have into the "hot spots," please do not hesitate to contribute! So here goes, Texas:

1. Austin City Limits Music Festival (weekend of my birthday!)

2. Pineywoods Wine Trail (there is a vineyard convienantly located 3 mi from my cottage!)

3. Bob Sandlin Lake and Park (my town that I'll be living in is aka "Bass City")

4. Big Bend National Park for some quality rafting and hiking

5. Hill Country Horseback Riding

6. Spruce up my skills with country line dancing (p.s. I already have the cowboy boots from my previous TX visit)

7. Greer Farm

8. Go back to my favorite place...Rice Village in Houston

9.

10.

...I know it's small so please add your thoughts!

Goodbye for now, the next time I'll write, I'll be in my new home, Pittsburg, TX. Here is the link to where I'll be staying: Mrs. B's cottage! http://www.carsonhouse.com/mrs%20b%20cottage.html It definitely has a lot of character and floral prints! hehe. BUT, I get free, complimentary breakfast every morning! Grits and potatah's, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should collect something from each state that is the same no matter where you go (when I traveled--prior to becoming a wife and mommy!-- I would collect a Christmas tree ornament from each). I say since you are single...kiss a guy from each state :)

    Have a safe trip Kris. We will miss you. We teased you about coming home so much but you know we loved it. It is hard for me to imagine not having your big smile and bubbly personality walk through my door for three months!

    Cole says he will see you tomorrow...he doesn't get it yet...I tried explaining it to him... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss you, but also encourage you to make the most of this experience and whatever else may come your way while you're on this adventure :) I doubt you'd do anything less. You're cottage is ADORABLE! Have a safe trip south and look forward to learning about your new job/location/fun times!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete