Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Welcome to Kerrville!


Well folks, I successfully made it to my next traveling OT assignment. I love it here! Above is a picture of my apt community and lovely pool (sorry had to add that pic first for my family and friends back home that probably haven't seen an uncovered pool since maybe August? haha), which is gated access and very beautiful, as you can see! It surpasses Mrs. B's cottage by far...even though Mrs. B's cottage had a lot of character and comfort added to it, I was starting to get tired of finding dead water bugs and cockroaches in hidden spots...yes one of those lil' brats chewed a hole in my cashmere sweater!!! Let's just say, when I was packing up, I screamed when I saw the lil' bugger attached to my sweater and cried when I saw the hole shortly after! Everyone that resides here is so pleasant and welcoming! Come to find out, there are about 5 therapists that live here and are working in the same hospital as me, so it is nice to have something to relate to. My apt is also convienantly located only a mile down the street as well, which Jackie the Jetta is happy about considering she used to spin her wheels nearly 40 miles a day to work (that is a lot considering she never drove in Boston, maybe once or twice a month). In regards to the hospital, I love where I work and it's only the second day! It's an acute care/acute rehab setting, which is what I am familiar with and feel the most confident with my clinical skills. Furthermore, the department is very organized, the staff is very happy and content with their workplace, and my supervisor is superb! It's just amazing how I have gone from one extreme to the next. I still am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and I can already think of a few reasons why I was placed in Mount Pleasant first and why I was forced to leave so early...I will not mention those reasons...but I think a few of you may know why;) I will write more later...so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great place Kristi and you sound like you're adapting well so far. Much different that the blog when you first got to Mrs. B's. Stay safe and experience life all you can!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete